A Lamp Marriage Made in Heaven


Last summer, I found this cutie of a lamp searching for her lampshade soulmate. Searches at local retailers garnered zero options. Four months later, on one of my trips to Goodwill in November, I came up with a potential mate for my vintage glass lamp.


See that lamp and shade in the background? I didn't need an entire lamp, but it was sporting a brand new, never-opened lampshade in a neutral color that just might be the right size for my lamp at home. I also thought that the lamp had some other components that could be put to use in other ways.


I removed the lampshade to try it on my vintage glass lamp base. I also removed the small crystals, which were saved for a future project. The remaining lamp parts will not go to waste either. RJNJ can use them when he is inspired to create another gear lamp. Not bad use of a $1.99 Goodwill lamp.


The lampshade and the vintage glass lamp hit it off right away. They courted for a while, but are now blissfully wed. They initially called the kitchen their home, but have since moved to various locations around the house. They know that they will be happy together no matter where they live. After all, home is where the heart is.


I love happy endings!

No comments:

Post a Comment